Saturday, February 11, 2012

Kidsilk Stripe: WIP

Kidsilk Haze Stripe is one of the new yarns at Firefly Fibers and we currently have all 6 colorways in stock.  

This yarn has all the luxury of the light-as-air solid Kidsilk Haze, but has beautiful self-striping combinations designed by the master of color, Kaffe Fassett.  The 50 gram ball (twice the size of the solids) includes a simple knitting pattern on the ball band for a scarf measuring nearly 6 feet long using just the one ball. 


I've been anxious to cast on and the needles started clicking away a few days ago - I'm working on the ball band scarf pattern for our shop sample (photo in Circus colorway).  Rowan suggests using the entire ball of to see the full effect of this beautiful yarn and I can guarantee that I will be knitting up every last bit! 

Disclaimer: this does not mean that I finished another project or there was actually room in the project bag, it just happened.  I'm not sure how, it just did...

Happy Knitting!
Alisa

No comments:

Post a Comment