Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Firefly Fibers: Open for Business!!!

After months of getting ready to open, we finally did it!!!
 


Our opening day was May 29 and we had so many customers and visitors!  The positive feedback that day had our heads spinning and made it worth all of the time, sweat, and energy we put into our store.  Thank you all SO much!


Since then, it has been 3 weeks... I spent the week after opening finalizing orders, the following week I went to TNNA, and have spent the last week getting caught up.  Whew, that was a lot of work!

Here are a few pictures of the store:



I have really missed working face-to-face with people and having the opportunity to experience so many different personalities.  I enjoy meeting and talking with each and every one of our customers and visitors.  I love when knitters and crocheters come in and we talk yarn, share our current projects, and I get their thoughts on the store.  On the flip side, I love it when passers-by wander in (either intentionally out of curiosity or by accident, and they do wander in by accident) and disappointingly say "Oh, it's just yarn" and start to walk out when something catches their eye and they are here for another 15 minutes "ooo-ing" and "ahhh-ing".

We have had one Open Knitting (now called Sit 'n Stitch) session and it was a lot of fun!  There were flowers (pending re-potting) and lots of chatting and clicking!  As I type, we are getting ready for our second Sit 'n Stitch and I am sure it will be just as much fun, if not more fun.



Thank you to everyone who has come into the store to share in this experience, I look forward to seeing you again.

Cheers and Happy Knitting!
Alisa

2 comments:

  1. Loving the awning. Great curb appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to see this store. I grew up in Beaver Dam and come home often since my whole family is still there. Now I have a reason to come into town! I can't wait to see it! I hope to be in sometime the end of July!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete